Friday, March 20, 2009


I am doing well after the Thai trip. but what an emotional turmoil! I had no idea of the volcanic anger that would spew up inside of me, sigh, when I saw, with my own eyes, pathetic men praying on little girls and the young women in Pattaya. I am told is is a two billion dollar a year buisness; the sex trade and human trafficking! Preying on the poor and the weak!
 I had to visit my own "Shack" (have you read the best seller this year, The Shack by William P. Young?). I met God at "the Shack" (we all have one, a place of pure anguish and entitled pain where God tenderly confronts us with... forgiveness) and believe you me ...God and I spent a long time together in my shack! The good news is that I did come away, after bloody tears of anguish and outrageous anger, with the precious gift of peace and forgiveness. Embracing this truth, "they are His children"...too.

The strange thing is, that I knew of the atrocities I would encounter prior to leaving on my Thailand mission,but still I  was blinded sided and surprised  by the emotional investment that I would need to deposit when engaging with the people. It was a transition that I did not anticipate. Confronting  evil was the most exhausting part of the trip...in every sense. Including the agony in my soul as I observed people groveling before the stone idols and statues.
How blessed I was to use every opportunity to lift of Jesus and share the good news!
In Thailand, in the deception and in the darkest night, I was able to shine my tiny candle, and there was light. And where there is light there is truth, and the truth sets people free! Big smile. And leaves them with 'hope'.
"Nations will come to your light...to the brightness of your 'dawn' " Is 60:3 TNIV

No comments: