Saturday, March 7, 2009

I had a Dream


I woke up with a dream about the children in the refugee camps that I visited. Little snap shots in my mind. Oh how I wish I could have "printed them" and given them to the kids and their parents. I never want to forget the gentle eyes, the little crooked grins that broke into rapturous laughter. Oh yes...and the one Mom whose child received Suzi's shoes, small enough for a puppet but a perfect fit for a toddler! How quickly the snap shots have faded in just two weeks as I jet through my days. I am delighted to have a disk full of photos...and yet the refugees have only their memory. Sigh. I am blessed. I am comforted to know that I used visual puppets and scripture to verbally paint a photo of heaven for them, so that they could understand and embrace God's love. This photo memory that I left behind will never fad.
However, next missions trip I will leave photos with the children... and the mom's, sigh, so they can remember what their baby looked like, they will cherish the record too. It such a blessing to look back and see how we change... how we grow. As new born babies desire the milk of the word that you may grow...its God's plan. That is why we celebrate growth! And babies, and birthdays...

No comments: