Saturday, April 18, 2009

Emily took me to Hanna Montana

I went to a movie tonight with my little friend Emily, age 9, she chose Hanna Montana. The movie was cute but at times a little juvenile. I would glance around at the children laughing hysterically and I would paste on a smile. Bu at the of the show when Hanna sang these words...

There's always going to be another mountain

I'm always going to want to make it move...

Ain't about how fast I get there,

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's about the climb"

....I wiped a tear from the corner of my misty eyes. I was reminded of the mountains in my life, such as the time I had 20% of my body in second and third degree burns and my feet were deeply scared...the promise I clung to and then and the verse I embraced was... " How lovely on the mountain are the feet of them who bring good news." I had assimilated this scripture into my life while I was healing and preparing to go back into evangelism. I was in a rush back then too, to heal and to take the good news to the Nations!

Now here I am in transition, years later, and once again anxious to "get to the other side", to "make the mountain move" and "in a big hurry". Who would have thought the Lord would use a childrens' movie tonight to remind me...its all about the climb? Sigh. I am so blessed. And so are all the children at the theater, oh how wonderful to learn these lessons early in life. Excuse me I need to go down load that song on my ipod

No comments: