Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Special Friend has Cancer...my Response

My heart went out to a special friend who watches our Maralee Dawn and Friends TV series every Saturday. She recently wrote about her cancer, I will not use her name just the first letter "S". Here is what I wrote back, perhaps you have a friend with cancer? This might encourage them too...feel free to use it. We are all part of the same family, and we need to "ber each others burdens".

My dear S,
I was so very happy to get your e-mail this morning (Nov 02)! Thank you for remembering to pray for me sweet friend. I am sorry that you must take this chemo, but I am proud of you. You are so brave and courageous! I am delighted to know that you are getting better and that you have great Dr's and nurses! I will pray for them too. Do you have a wig now? I wear a lot of different wigs on my shows, did you notice? I have about 15 wigs!

Did you hear the story about the little 3 year old boy who had memorized the 23 Psalm? Have you ever memorized a verse before> This little boy stood up in church to recite his verse for all the people. He looked out and got a little frightened, and had what you might call "brain freeze'! He took a deep breath and said "The Lord is my shepherd...then silence, and then he said "thats all I know and thats all I need to know"! Big smile. I can learn from the little boy and so can you. A shepherd looks after His sheep. He uses his staff to chase a way the big bad wolves! And the hook part on his staff is to reach around a little lamb to use a hook when a lamb falls down, sometimes that get stuck in a crack in the rocks and he can use the hook end lift it out. He cleans there sores and and pours on something like wine to clean it (and that hurts like stink!). But He must clean it because you know how bad it is infection gets in there right? And then the great shepherd pours on oil, the healing kind, and that feels so good. The shepherd loves his lambs and they recognize His voice. he knows every lambs name and calls them by their name. He knows you Shelley, and He loves you so much.

We Love you too!
Maralee Dawn, Butch and Suzi and friends

Heb13:8

No comments: