Monday, June 30, 2008

What an incredible drive we had throught the gorgous Rocky Mountains, with amazing sunsets (2) and a sunrise! We, Jamey the youth I am mentoring, and myself, left Langley BC on Friday night and drove until 1 am. Unable to find a hotel on the holiday week-end we hunkerd down in the vehicle and slept for about 5 restless hours. Then headed out again at sunrise. It was an arduous drive, 14 hours but we made it. Yes we saw wildlife too!We stopped in Banff and visited the famous fudge and candy store and arrived in Lethbridge Alberta in time for the kick off of the conference... proudly singing 'O Canada'. The last two days have flown by with early mornings and late nights (as you can see I am just about to turn in). Tommorow is the last day and then on Tuesday (July 01, Officially Canada Day) we begin our trek back.
Today was a 'break through' day for me and I will write more about that soon. Please continue to remember us in your prayers. Love to all.

2 comments:

BMan said...

Wow! I bet that was a bonding experience! Be careful and safe on the drive.

Thanks for the update and I'll be praying for y'all. I can't wait to read about your break-through!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maralee, I keep you in my prayers and I am so blessed to have you as my friend. Be safe on your journeys and let me know if you ever make it down to Oklahoma. Mark Owens