Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another amazing week of camp!

Everything was unfamiliar and I didn't think I would know anyone at this new Camp ...Camp Fatherst Out on Cowcahan river, Vancouver island. I was in for so ,many surprises/ The first women I met, in the washroom of all places, knew me when I ministered 30 years ago in Courtney BC! And remembered the songs we sang! Then I was to meet three more people that knew Calvin and Claire Farnel very well and also my friends Eunice and Ken. In fact one of them sits on the school board with Ken for the Christian school in Courtney. Such a small world. Then two 12 year old boys in my group met each other both boys had the same first same and were being raised by their grandma's! I will call them Colin (not their real name). It was amazing to have such a small group of about 15 kids ages 4 through grade 7. Several of the older children were exceptionally gifted, musically and other wise. One was a virtuoso on the Violin. Another wrote songs and played the guitar, I gave two of them Vent lessons. Another grade 3 boy had a photo graphic memory! there was also a precious down syndrome girl who was a bright ray of sunshine to all of us. t was a stretch for me to gel the group and get them working together as a team. But they sure did and worked hard on memory work etc. i was proud of them and especially proud of how they could pray, we even built a temple and had a 'wailing wall' like in Israel. Many serious needs were posted. One colin had to leave the camp early without sayig good bye. We were all sad. We prayed. Then the report came back. The Aunt who had been raising him prior to his grandma, had been rushed to hospital
with hours left to live. Colin asked to be left alone with her and took his Bible and lead her in steps of salvation. She received Jesus into her life! The miracle was that the morning that he left I had jsut done a puppet show with my grandpa Character saying how important it is for kids to tell their grandparents that going to church and reading the Bible can't get them to heaven and to explain the one and only way to be sure you are saved. The miracle was that grandpa character was suppose to be Friday buy at the last minute I changed him to Thursday, this was God's plan...no doubt. My fried Kim came out to camp to help me and what a blessing she was. God granted us so much favor.
I am blessed!!
Prayer for saftey I leave Wed to drive to Edmt *my niece has suddenly lost her husband and is alone now with twin three year olds_ I will attend the funeral in Edmt and then drive the next day to Grand Prairie for the VBS for the entire family every night at a dwon town band shel!!! I am so blessed. God is so good and so faithful.
Blessings!
Maralee
_________________________________________________________________

No comments: