Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In the park at Grande Prairie Alberta

Last night it was so cold in the Park, I think about 8 degrees with a forty mile wind. I didn't expect anyone to show up but about 200 people came out! They sat and watched the show wrapped up in blankets, smile, quite a sight to see. My daughter in law Kristi and two grand kids were center front and cheering me on! At one point the wind nearly blew over speakers that were standing tall on poles ...but the audio technicians saw them sway and ran over and caught them and laid them on the ground. They may move the show indoors tonight. My hands were so cold after the show that I would welcome the move! But there are so many things to consider, like the people who show up at the park because of the advertisement, like the man named Rasco who was there the first night. He raised his hand along with more than a dozen others to receive Jesus. He came forward at the end and wept telling us that he was raised by his praying grandmother and was now living on the streets and his life was centered around drugs and alcohol. Please continue to pray that the good work that was started in him would be completed,that the miracle cleansing and changing power of our Saviour would rescue him from the prison he is in, may the chains of addiction be broken! There were many more decisions last night too. Gideons have provided us with Bibles, it is such a joy to hand them out to people who have never owned one... in fact some kids have never seen a Bible and are literally holding one for the first time in their life! Hard to believe isn't it?
Today I will minister at a home for people with special needs and then tonight another big rally. Please continue to pray for us. The People at the Grand Prairie Alliance church are working so hard to host this event and are a delight for me to work with with, a real blessing! One more thing...
My moms sister Rita, who is the same age as me (and we are very close), lost her husband on Sat to pneumonia, the funeral is Thursday in Burnaby, BC. I was going to cancel my last show here on Thursday night and go to the funeral but Rita has asked me to remain here and that "the show must go on" so I will do so. It is such a hard decision my heart is with her and our family who will gather. Please remember all of us in your prayers. Thanks. Maralee

No comments: