Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Its Time to Say Good Bye

My time here in Grande Prairie is nearing an end with only two more nights. I am believing that the best is yet to come! But this morning it was time to say Good Bye to my two grandkids and my daughter in law Kristi who have been such a huge support and blessing to me. Last night my heart over flowed with sweet joy as a group of children knelt and prayed to receive Jesus ...and with them was my 9 year old grandson Colton. His small step toward God made for a big celebration in heaven and in my heart! Smile.
Another gift from God, came yesterday morning as I ministered at a Day home type facility here for the severely disabled. Carla, one of the caregivers, came over to welcome me and shared with the group how she had been at the Alberta Beach camp as a little girl and met Butch and Suzi (and me) way back then. That blessed me. Then the clients warmed my heart with their unreserved laughter and spontaneous applause. Outwardly they were "differently abled" with every thing you can imagine, down syndrome, severe autism, etc but oh how they loved me and the puppets. They embraced Butch and Suzi, held the door for me coming and going and one lady came up at the end of the show almost in tears. She didn't get to hug Butch. I offered for her to hug me instead, reminding of how difficult it was to get Butch to go into his suitcase. So then she said "what about Suzi, could I hug her?". I added that I was sure Suzi would be sleeping and volunteered for her to hug me this time, and perhaps another day hug the puppets . She reluctantly agreed. Sigh. It was sooo precious. I pray the Lord will keep me child like and tender hearted, like those sweet new friends. And early this morning this verse was sent to me...

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 Big smile!

No comments: