Friday, August 8, 2008

Another VBS and I am so blessed

I have just arrived back from Oliver, BC the wine capitol of the world ...so they say! It was a highlight for me to go with a vinedresser into the vineyards and learn more about the pruning process. I am the vine and you are the branches if you abide in me and I in you you will bear much fruit. That is whet I was feeling in my spirit. I need to be close to him abiding in Jesus is the only way.
I also visited in a home where they made the largest cherry pie in the guinness book of records. It was 20 feet in diameter, two feet deep and took 2,000 pounds of cherries (I think thats what he said). The pie plate was made by a welding and fabrication company and then they took it back after and reused the materials. I forgot to ask how they baked the pie crust? But perhaps it was as hot then as it was this week 38-40 degrees! I think it would cook fairly fast! What a blessing to be with this wonderful church and the people treated me like a queen. I was even taken to the exquisite gulf coarse for lunch! Peggy Graham my friend who is 104 had me stay in her home. It was a blessing to be there and to reminisce about the years she worked for Maralee Dawn Ministries and travelled with me too Especially the 6 month trip to Africa and 8 other countries. That was about 25 years ago and she was in her late 70's (and we thought that she was old then!) Smile. She loves to joke about that. I wanted to bless the church but I think in the end I was the one most blessed especially to see about 40-50 decisions. Big smile and thank you for your prayers!

No comments: