Thursday, August 21, 2008

My car hydroplaned !!

Driving through the mountains, at the worst place, the Coquihaula, I saw a sign "When slippery do not use cruise control" and I was in Cruse so I turned it off and in a few minutes I hydroplaned and my heart nearly stopped. Then a short distance down the road another sign high critical accident zone slow down" and I was only driving 90 k and it was posted at 110 but I decided to go down to 80 and within a few minutes I had another pool and found the car hydroplane again! I was thanking God for the warning signs (that may have saved my life). And for the supporters you are praying for me every day and especially for this trip. Early in the Morn I prayed with WCM (Women in Christian Media) via conference call and was so blessed. I started to recall our time on the phone and began to sing "Sweet Hour of Prayer...In season of distress and grief my soul has often found relief..." My heart began to break for Yvonne and her three year old twins, the funeral was today.
Once again reminded of the brief time we spend on this side of eternity, and the painful farewells to those we love. There are many things we wrestle with down here and one day the answers will come first hand from our Father above. Until then I am reminded not to latch on to the "why" but the "what can I do now to bring honor to the Lord in this situation". Yvonne was strong, and the funeral was blessed with humor, found memories and a sweet fragrance of the Holy Spirit's presence. My devotions talked about "no way out of the hard and narrow place except at the tope" which means we must die to everything and empty our arms of all we cling to, whether relationships, theology or preconceived pat answers, and with our empty arms embrace Jesus and all that He has for us. He will take us farther and higher than we ever dreamed. My granddaughter, Erica, had a sleep over two days ago and she made me a necklace that says, "Dream Big". In the hard places, we have no strength to dream, none at all. However i can embrace the dreams of my Lord Jesus, to seek and saved the Lost. His dreams are mine. Today I choose to die to the old and embrace the new. I struggle, I wrestle, but the angel told Jacob..."for as a prince you have the power with God and with men...", It was a critical hour of change, transformation and new beginnings. Let this be true for me today too. And for Yvonne Benson and her girls. Who would have thought new beginnings would be so painful? Like giving birth...the rewards are yet to come, it takes time.

No comments: